I’m Lars Mensel an here I write about photography, technology, visual culture—or whatever else I find interesting and bewildering.
I keep busy with a variety of ongoing projects:
- I’m 1/3 of studio~humm, an independent brand design studio in Berlin.
- I collect inspiration on Are.na.
- I share pictures on the old school photo-sharing site Flickr.
- Each year, I try to rack up 4000 km on my bike.
- Available Light is my project exploring the culture, history, and madness of photography.
I have worked as an editor at the magazine The European (now defunct), as a content strategist at the photography company EyeEm and at IBM iX, authored two books of the Startup Guide series, and created the magazine The Idea List.
Look me up on
Twitter Mastodon or reach me by email at email@example.com.