“So long as I have questions to which there are no answers, I shall go on writing.” — Clarice Lispector
I’m Lars Mensel and here I collect what I’m noticing. Currently, that revolves around memory, authenticity, and the culture wars.
I keep busy with a variety of ongoing projects:
- I’m 1/3 of studio~humm, an independent brand design studio in Berlin.
- I collect inspiration on Are.na.
- I upload pictures on the old-school photo-sharing site Flickr.
- Each year, I try to rack up 4000 km on the gravel trails around Berlin.
- Available Light is my (dormant) project exploring the culture, history, and madness of photography.
I used to work as an editor at the magazine The European (now defunct), then as a content designer at photography startup EyeEm and at IBM iX. I also authored two books of the Startup Guide series, and created the magazine The Idea List.
Look me up on
Twitter Mastodon or reach me by email at email@example.com.
Hand-made since 2002